Statcounter

Thursday, April 4, 2013

koolaid lips.

ya'll remember when you would have red kool-aid or an icee and you would feel cute after because your lips were red? no? maybe that was just me. (i know there is no flavor called red, but a bunch of flavors happen to be red. just roll with me.) that color staining is the same basic effect as your run of the mill marker lip stain.

now i haven't tried any other lip stains, but after this one i haven't been crazy interested. NYC offers one of or probably the cheapest lip stains in any North American drug store at 4.99 a pop. they were supposedly 40% off at rite aid, but i ended up paying full price for this and i didn't have the heart to return it. i had purchased two lipstains from NYC before, but the tip of one fell off immediately after opening it and i returned both because i was annoyed.

the shade i have is Berry Long Time. i didn't take a picture of the tube, but here's one off of amazon.
marker tip applicator, cap, nothing fancy.


let's cut to the chase: here are my lips with no product
~so luscious~

and my lips with the stain! not really a good look.

it left my lips feeling really dry. also, i seem to remember it being more pigmented when i purchased it but now it's just sorta... meh. it's wearable with a gloss over it to hide the settling and make my lips less dry.


(NYX African Queen, which is one of my favorite glosses. and i'm not a huge gloss fan. it's a lovely fuchsia.)

would i repurchase?
probably not. maybe if i lost my mind or something. that could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment